Tuesday 25 March 2008

New releases: Dark Sector

Yes, that's right, Dark Sector was released today!

I really like the look of this game as it's got quite a few original concepts...the Glaive being one of them! It's an awesome weapon that promises to change the way you play this sort of game, and is a refreshing break from standard guns (seriously, if I see one more frickin' Desert Eagle, I'll cry!)! The fact that the Glaive is also a part of his body gets rid of the whole "Well if he'd thrown that in real-life, he'd never have got it back" argument...

However, that's not where the originality ends...Hayden Tenno (the main character) suffers from a disease call Congenital Analgia...this illness is not fictional, but quite rare, and it means he cannot feel pain! A highly original concept that I've never seen before in a game, and it should lend itself extremely well to the game's backstory!

Digital Extremes also got in a pretty decent voice for Hayden....Michael Rosenbaum, who I remember as Kip from Kickin' It Old Skool...most of you will know him as Lex Luthor from Smallville...let's face it, he plays a blinder in both! Having a decent voice actor for the lead role is, in my opinion, one of the most important things in a game. I'm not sure why, I just don't think I'd enjoy running around as this awesome character, and then having a this really terrible voice come out of it's mouth...it'd just ruin the game (for me anyway)! More on Voice Acting in games soon...

So yeah, Dark Sector out today, may be picking it up later on...who knows? If it's awesome, we could have a good series on our hands...if not? Well then today's a glaive, glaive day in 360-land (I'm sorry)

No comments: